Monday, June 8, 2015

from the archive 4

Photos from a theme park that had been a resort that is now maybe a research center? Anyway, it was a big part of my childhood, and I was thrilled to discover some older postcards last time I was there.

(Last time I was there was well over 12 years ago, and maybe perhaps involved some creative interpretations of the purpose of perimeter fencing)

Of all the postcards that I bought, only one remains. It won't be sent.

Here's a great article about the park.

Bertha, the cycling parrot.

Mermaids! They drank Coke!


Cheap family joke. My father's a Ralph. He likes to swim. He likes to eat. Oh, how we laughed.


-----------------

In related news, I decided that watching "Rushmore" was preferable to attending my 20th reunion. Texas scenery, Texas drama, with a celluloid buffer.